Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Having Problems with forum?

Question Having Problems with forum?

Since this is newish software you may experience some problems. If you do, post them to this thread and I will try to find a solution ASAP. We appreciate all your support and patience!

Hi Chrissy, look forward to meeting you , Matt and everyone else tomorrow. I was hoping you could give me some idea if I'm doing something wrong, when trying to post an avatar. I down loaded a URL of the right size. But it wouldn't load is it me?
    Thanks! Todd

Never mind there it is I guess it was me.

RollinontheRvr Guest

Default I noticed...

That threads are not always showing bold for a new post.

Shortbus Guest

if there is a way to click on a thread and have it take you to the newest post as opposed to the start every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortbus View Post
    if there is a way to click on a thread and have it take you to the newest post as opposed to the start every time.
    You mean the newest post since your last visit right?

I was looking for that info also.
    If we would all concentrate on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles!

Quote Originally Posted by hamfish View Post
    I was looking for that info also.
    Or do you both mean sort the thread so it's in reverse? If you just want to sort the thread in reverse, Click here for the Settings option (near Notifications at the top)

Make sure "Forum Settings" is selected just past half way down on the left column. Then on the right side there should be "Thread Display Options" section.

EDIT: If you want to view the first unread post, when you first enter the thread, there is a "view first unread" option on the top near the rate this thread option.
    Last edited by Gabe; 01-15-2010 at 01:50 PM.

Shortbus Guest

No, when a thread has started and you read all the posts, if you come back later and someone else has posted when you click the thread, you start at the first original post. If there is a setting that will skip all the read portion of the thread and put you to the new portion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortbus View Post
    No, when a thread has started and you read all the posts, if you come back later and someone else has posted when you click the thread, you start at the first original post. If there is a setting that will skip all the read portion of the thread and put you to the new portion.
    Yup, the edit part of my previous thread. You still have to make an extra click but as soon as you enter the thread there is a "View First Unread" link on the right side in the title bar and it will jump you to where you want to go.

NOTE: This option is not there if you have already read all of the posts.
    Last edited by Gabe; 01-15-2010 at 02:07 PM. Reason: adding Note