Thread: Aslaskan Steel?

Default Aslaskan Steel?

Am looking for someone who has experience fishing for steelhead in alaska. I am looking to go but am having a difficult time deciding on where to go. The Situk looks promising and I've seen a lot of fishing on TV around Wrangell AK. I've also seem websites describing Prince of Wales Island as a good steelhead destination. I would just like some info based on personal experiance.

Thank you.
    Jason
    Go Ducks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Halfthrive View Post
    Am looking for someone who has experience fishing for steelhead in alaska. I am looking to go but am having a difficult time deciding on where to go. The Situk looks promising and I've seen a lot of fishing on TV around Wrangell AK. I've also seem websites describing Prince of Wales Island as a good steelhead destination. I would just like some info based on personal experiance.

Thank you.
    Jason

I remember a seasons on the fly episode that said the Situk is responsible for something like 80% of all the steels caught in Alaska.

You can actually find good roadside steelheading in the South of Kenai areas streams. Karluk and others around Kodiak Island are well noted if you like adventure. Yes, and the Situk.........Lots of snags..
    C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

What I really want is really small water with lots of fish, I'm looking for numbers over size. I did see a season on the fly ep where they were fishing Eagle Creek and Martin Creek, I'd like to do something like that but can't find any guides or lodges that advertise such.
    Go Ducks!!!

Send a PM to Scudrunner and see if he knows of anyone. He's not really that local but he may know of some still.

The Naha and the Karta are the rivers you are looking for-