Thread: Help others with your tutorial : )

Wink Help others with your tutorial : )

We are looking for a few good tutorials from our knowledgeable anglers!

I am looking for non biased/non brand specific text or video tutorials on lure making, fishing method, tackle crafting, rod wrapping, conservation, jig making, fly tying, molding, or anything else that can help members of this community learn to fish correctly and with confidence. The very future of our fishing may depend on it!

What the community is looking for/ What we need?

• non brand specific tutorials, must apply to other variations or brand parts, no ads
    • offered to NWFI only, please...looking for exclusive materials for this community's library
    • Should include 2 to 10 fair or better quality photos for purpose of illustration
    • Please make simple to understand for novice level angler
    • we may need to save your photos to our drive for article longevity

On behalf of the NWFI staff and administration we truly hope that some will take advantage of this opportunity to share their knowledge and skill and be seen with those that are so very willing to learn from their educated works. You do not have to be an expert but if you know something well, share it and others will be thankful! Many of us have already been blessed with great mentors and great teachers. Many of which are now gone. Let us not hold that great knowledge base alone as one but share it as it was passed on to us. Let us understand that there are reasons why the angling greats of history have passed on to us what we know today. I have learned from it, I have given back to it, I may have even added to it. Join me now in building the base of knowledge that this community is built on to serve to others now here to learn from it.

Last edited by KingSalmon Admin; 08-05-2016 at 02:36 PM.
    C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

Do you want just photos or is video ok because I have the filleting and crab cleaning ones.
    fishing is a family thing and crabbing and camping and...

3. Default

im getting geared up right now to start wrapping my first rods, so i should have a good one on that within the next month ''low budget rod build''
    and i will also be putting either coat it or gluv it on my drift boat in the next month or two so i will do a tutorial on that as well i think some people might like to see that

Quote Originally Posted by salmonsteelheadsam View Post
    im getting geared up right now to start wrapping my first rods, so i should have a good one on that within the next month ''low budget rod build''
    and i will also be putting either coat it or gluv it on my drift boat in the next month or two so i will do a tutorial on that as well i think some people might like to see that
    Yup, I'd love to see both!

I might have time to put a tutorial together on a rod, rod holder, or something on jig tying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seamslayer View Post
    I might have time to put a tutorial together on a rod, rod holder, or something on jig tying.
    Yeah! Teach me to tie a proper jig! I suck on the vise! Except for yarn "floofs" of course. Whatta bout a Rag tutorial too! An underutilized tool in the southern NW.

I am gonna put together a comprehensive fillet tutorial this fall. Covering Halibut, Tuna, Sturgeon, and Salmon(both big, and small) at least. I will also throw in the proper method used to "book, or butterfly" a salmon/trout.
    Dinger Jigs
    Lamiglas
    Costa Del Mar

Hostess OG Pro-Staff
    B-Squad!
    Yes, they eat eggs... No. You're WRONG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seamslayer View Post
    Heck yea! I'd love to see a jig tutorial, I'd really like to get into making my own. Every time I go to get a certain size or color it's never instock, it'd be alot easier to tie my own!

Jig's are fun and a hoot to build Ryan. I would suggest you get the Video from Mark at First Bite Jigs. Thats what started me and now look at what he created! By the way, they do not need to be perfect to be effective! He has jig starter kits and you can go from there.
    If we would all concentrate on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles!