Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Springer Trolling 101 Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Slinger View Post
    Ryan, I will let you know if i have a seat available this year, the baby is due april 15 so my springer season is kinda screwed but I plan on getting out a couple times in March so I will let you know.
    That's gotta suck. Being stuck at home waiting for the baby and knowing it's a bad idea to go fish.

GW (2/28 due date)

2. Default

Thanks for the kind words guys. I hope it helps, getting started is always the hardest part with anything. I posted the thread without proof-reading it and found I missed a few items that I wanted to touch on as well as some pretty bad grammarical and sentence structuring issues so I will fix those tonight.

RollinontheRvr Guest

Default Nice Jack...

Nice tutorial Jack, maybe I can worm my way in and get you to prove that it works...

4. Default

A tighter roll is generally considered best, however I have seen several fish caught that had a belly full of cut plug herring. These were not delicatly stripped off of several unexpected anglers lines but instead were old baits that guys had pitched overboard after they had "lost thier scent" and were mearly tumbling along the bottom of the river with the current. A perfect roll isn't always needed but it doesn't hurt to try for it.
    I heard quite a bit about bellies full of discarded cut plugs last year. I was planning on doing some free drifting / jigging of cut plugs this year once the Columbia opens up. Glad to hear it works!!

Don't forget about backbouncing herring heads.
    Everyone just tosses the heads overboard after cutting and they get eaten also.

Are you sure they were mushroomed toss over herring or were they those crafty herring stealing fish that magically get the bait without touching either hook?

Ryan, I will let you know if i have a seat available this year, the baby is due april 15 so my springer season is kinda screwed but I plan on getting out a couple times in March so I will let you know.
    Heck yea! If cercumstances allow I'm in!

Default Nice tutorial metal slinger.

Quote Originally Posted by GW View Post
    That's gotta suck. Being stuck at home waiting for the baby and knowing it's a bad idea to go fish.

GW (2/28 due date)
    Glad to here I'm not the only one that's going to be begging for a hall pass. Mine is due 3/28.

Do I smell a Fred's Marina Trolltilla?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steel'n Time View Post
    Glad to here I'm not the only one that's going to be begging for a hall pass. Mine is due 3/28.

Do I smell a Fred's Marina Trolltilla?
    I live literally about 3/4 of a mile away from Fred's...

I'd hope i could get a open seat!! That would be AWESOME!
    Teddy Wise - Senior Moderator, NWFI

http://therealwiseone.blogspot.com/

OSU Class of 2013 - Go Beavs
    B.S. in Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
    Fisheries Technician with WDFW

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." ~ John Buchan

Death is Certain - Fishing is Not

My boat will be there if this happens (w/ 2 seats), let's set it up guys!

10. Default

I can seat two folks on mine. How many of those are open will depend on whether my usual fishing buddy is in town or not.