Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Springer Trolling 101 Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Steel'n Time View Post
    Glad to here I'm not the only one that's going to be begging for a hall pass. Mine is due 3/28.

Do I smell a Fred's Marina Trolltilla?
    Trolltilla....I like that! I'm in too if there is an open seat and I can skip out on work!
    Ryan

If there was an open seat I'd like to get in on a trolltilla. What an awesome idea.
    -Ken

Two fish swim into a concrete wall... One looks to the other and says " Dam!"

3. Default

I'm good for 3 open seats.

Some crack heads stole my kicker. Damn hard to troll without it!

Quote Originally Posted by GW View Post
    Some crack heads stole my kicker. Damn hard to troll without it!
    I got a spot for ya Gdub, you have to bring your own seat and you can run the boat
    Last edited by Matt H; 02-16-2010 at 10:14 PM.

Another thing to think about is that the quality of bait from one brand to another can be astronomically different. It can move around from year to year, but the last few years Puget Sound bait has been absolutely top notch. You'll catch more fish with top quality herring, it will have nice tight scales and firmer meat which gives you a better spin for longer and more flash.

I also never brine my bait in tap water. I always buy bottled water when I need to brine some herring.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt H View Post
    I got a spot for ya Gdub, you have to bring your own seat and you can run the boat
    I'll bring my seat, my gear, bait for the boat, and run the boat for the day if it mean I can fish. I dont mind any of it, especially up there. Springer fishing in Portland is where friends are made

7. Default

Well Dave, it looks like youv'e got another 'Tilla on your hands...

RollinontheRvr Guest

Default Well...

I guess we'll see huh?

Would you recommend one of those bunjie cords for people using braid and a heavier rod? To provide more give.

Shortbus Guest

If you need some "give" try tying on 20' of mono to the end of your braid. The only time your might need a snubber is if your using a diver where there is no give in your line if the fish hits.