Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Springer Trolling 101 Tutorial

Cool. Would I use the double uni to accomplish that?

Albright Knot! It is much stronger than a uni to uni. Google it and you will receive excellent instructions.
    Only Green!
    "Enjoyment should come from the pursuit of your quarry, not the aqquisition of dead fish." -Jed Davis

Blog Entries

Agreed! Much stronger! The albright is kind of like tying a clinch knot. Sorta.
    Easy to learn, and easy to tie! Great suggestion dude!
    Dinger Jigs
    Lamiglas
    Costa Del Mar

Hostess OG Pro-Staff
    B-Squad!
    Yes, they eat eggs... No. You're WRONG!!!

Thats sounds like a lot of fun! If anyone has an open seat I would love to go along.
    I done it a few times several year ago and we did well, limeted most times.
    The first fished I hooked I ended up having to fight a sealion for about 30min.
    Ricky
    Fishing is always good but catching is a different story

5. Default

Ive used straight braid with good success over the years but the rod I use may be a bit more forgiving than yours, Ive never used the salmon bungee for springers but I used it at Buoy 10 this year and liked the results. I agree about the albright knot I googled it the other day and tied it for the first time and it seems very strong and very low profile. Good Luck!
    Team B-Squad

Blog Entries

I've got this 11 foot, custom tied Whamaglas! It is ze ultra super anything goez knock yor pantz off herring rod... that you can still hang 10 oz from and troll Tmuck bay with hardware... I use that, and the XCF 903 for Willamette herring bumpin. No topshot, just a 30 lb bumper that the dropper slides on, tied to a bead chain, then to a leader... bling is rare, but a chartreuse, or natural, near frozen, plug'd herring... is not. I hooked quite a number of fish with that set-up last year, and the year before. I leave the guts in when they are near frozen, take em out, and make a vent if they aren't. I like the Spring'r troll. Anyone can do it, and it it can be insanely productive! I'm just glad I get to ride, and watch rods, simply buckle!
    Dinger Jigs
    Lamiglas
    Costa Del Mar

Hostess OG Pro-Staff
    B-Squad!
    Yes, they eat eggs... No. You're WRONG!!!