Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: -My Best Yarn Ball-

1. Default -My Best Yarn Ball-

This is only the fourth yarn ball I have ever tied up and it turned out really good. I am very excited for you guys to fish this new yarn. It is incredibly soft and a lot of fun to work with. I would say its superior in every way. I have some garlic oil I put on one and let it sit in the sink for hours, rinsed it and put it back in the water. You can still smell the garlic like I just put it on and it does not mess with the look or movement of the yarn ball in the water. This is some pretty cool stuff. Some of the guys who have been using it and tying up yarn balls are really excited about it.

Here is a picture of my fourth yarn ball and best so far! Its a mix of baby pink, cerese, peach and shrimp-pink. The fibers are so soft that the colors mix and blend perfectly! Also a big plus to this yarn is that the colors will never leech onto another color! You can make a black and white yarn ball and after fishing it over and over it will stay BLACK and White.

We will be done with our next big batch and will start taking orders end of next week.

Blog Entries

Holy ****!
    Nicely done Chad! Looks very cool man.
    Dinger Jigs
    Lamiglas
    Costa Del Mar

Hostess OG Pro-Staff
    B-Squad!
    Yes, they eat eggs... No. You're WRONG!!!

3. Default

Yea those look great Chad nice work!
    Chinook SSSF ><,> Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal : )

"If im going to sit in a bath tub in the winter, im going to make sure it's the one inside my house : )"

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

I have a good friend that fishes nothing but yarn balls (or glo bugs as he calls them). I used to tease him about lack of imagination etc. Over the last year or so he has been out fishing our group 2 to 1. they seem to be deadly in just about any water condition big or small. I definitely added them to my arsenal after seeing the repeated success. I like the flesh/egg colors best.

That stuff looks awesome! Over the last two years, yarn has moved into my "go-to" spot for steelhead drift fishing offerings. I cant say enough about the advantages of using yarn instead of a corkie. Now I can get it in UV! ........Dum,, duh, Dum, Dum!
    Thank you!!!
    Bank fishing is not a crime!
    The one and the only Team R&B!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishfinder View Post
    I cant say enough about the advantages of using yarn instead of a corkie.
    I actually use both when ever i'm drift fishing for steelhead :P

My obsession is my passion, my passion is my life!

7. Default

They way I see it is you can throw a jig under a float in a lake with trout and hook plenty of fish that way. You can do the same thing with a nice little yarn ball under a float! Try throwing a corkie by itself under a float for trout. Steelhead are the same way. The yarn probably gives the corkie a more real egg look I would imagine.

Default fly yarn ball

I'm thinking of trying these with my fly rod. How do you guys fish these things? I'm assuming dead drift? How deep.

I'm all ways ready to cheat. for fish that is.

John

9. Default

Well, for steelhead you want it near the bottom. You could fish them the same as you would a bead for trout. Just enough small splits to get you down to the bottom and still allow a dead drift. You can make them as small or large as you want too thats the nice thing about yarn balls.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jcwebb View Post
    I'm thinking of trying these with my fly rod. How do you guys fish these things? I'm assuming dead drift? How deep.

I'm all ways ready to cheat. for fish that is.

John

John, get yourself this Jim Teeny fly line. They call em 'tip tapers.' The two(the 375g & 425g) I have for my 8 wt RPL+ works for every place sttelhead hold on rivers like the clackamas. It eliminates the need for split shot. I hooked one up earlier this summer on the washougal. Used that line to dead drift a big pink bug. Even tho it is still a 'little bit' bastardized, its not as bastardized as straight up drift gear. Which is still very productive given the right water. I dunno much, but I do know that those tip taper lines by jim teeny made it easier to fish a fly rod on medium sized steelhead water.
    Dinger Jigs
    Lamiglas
    Costa Del Mar

Hostess OG Pro-Staff
    B-Squad!
    Yes, they eat eggs... No. You're WRONG!!!