Thread: Dip netting.

Blog Entries

Default Dip netting.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2aFpuW...-pictures.html

A very intresting article/blog/thing about dippnetting in alaska!
    www.fishoregon.blogspot.com

“Many of us would probably be better fishermen if we did not spend so much time watching and waiting for the world to become perfect”
    ― Norman Maclean,

Very interesting pictures trout! Kinda glad people dont do that in any other states(legally), otherwise it would be so over crowded I think ppl would get hurt. Thanks for the info!

My obsession is my passion, my passion is my life!

Yea! I saw them doing this in AK one time. It works because the sockeye salmon swim right along the bank.

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/regio...se/kenaipu.cfm

If your fishing for them it is easy to cast to far out. If you are a resident you are allowed to do this and the retention amount is generous. There is also another net fishing fisherie in this area for another fish that in AK is called "Hooligan" [smelt] to us..

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/regio...hooliganpu.cfm

C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<º)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<º)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

That is a whole lot of Hooligans. WOW!!!

Blog Entries

I remember as a younger child, I'd go to the sandy river with my dad for Smelt. The water would be super high and blown out, and he would stand there and catch bucket loads of smelt, and I would always play in the mud puddles.
    Too bad they closed Smelt fishing. Now we can only buy them from BC and Alaska.
    www.fishoregon.blogspot.com

“Many of us would probably be better fishermen if we did not spend so much time watching and waiting for the world to become perfect”
    ― Norman Maclean,

Quote Originally Posted by Troutier bassier View Post
    I remember as a younger child, I'd go to the sandy river with my dad for Smelt. The water would be super high and blown out, and he would stand there and catch bucket loads of smelt, and I would always play in the mud puddles.
    Too bad they closed Smelt fishing. Now we can only buy them from BC and Alaska.
    I remember those days too. BUCKET LOADS! It was amazing! My Yiayia (Grandmother) Loved to fry those little guys up.