PLan Change for Saturday, Finale plans made. Jan 28
I spent some time talking with Rob Brown, whom is also attending the float, and we spoke with Jack Glass as well anda fewothers. It looks like our best float is going to be Dabney to lewis and clark and will avoid the long float in the cold windy conditions.
Can we carry DB's 25 feet?
We are pretty sure that we have enough people in total, so could say 6 or 8 of us carry a DB, if we took the heavy gear out? So we can launch at Dabney? Is that possible? Anyone done this with a fewguys before?
The water is droping fast and we think fish may hold a bit lower. Right now the air andthe water in the sandy is icey cold andthe bites arevery soft at best. Lets hope for warmer temps by then.
Golden Stone Web Design
Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal.
"If im going to sit in a bath tub in the winter, im going to make sure it's the one inside my house : )"
"The more I see the less I know"
I'm open for whatever everybody decides to do, Just say where and when, Theres always the clack to the gorge wind doesn't effect it as much. I've heard the the temp this weekend might get up to the 50s maybe.
Last edited by williesteal17; 01-26-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Im good with anything. Front seaters dont get a vote anyway, do they?
I have dragged my db over the soft sand by myself before, so we shouldnt have too much trouble with all of us there.
Let's stay with the original! Or, decide that morning? Heck, they'll both be windy. i don't know. Ask me later.
I will go with the majority, I know it was cold out there today and a float from Oxbow to L & C would be long and hard. Personally, I am not interested in going to L & C from Oxbow. We could drag or carry the DB's across the sand, it shouldn't be too bad.
This isn't going to involve another pizza and beer session, is it?
Good one, Amp
Hey! you work with Wade and Jose and you haven't been fishing with me?
I floated Dabney to LC yesterday. There was a diesel truck stuck 25 feet off the ramp. Between me and my son and 2 of the guys waiting to be pulled out, we drug my Clack the 75 or so feet to the water, so it can be done easily with several guys.
The water had about 5 feet of visability and was VERY cold. I pulled plugs and pitched bobbers. The wind wasn't horrible the first hour, but got tough to row in around half way through the float. By then my kids had had enough. I ended up rowing out at about the power line hole.
No joy for us. I saw Brandon Glass and 2 othe sleds out, didn't hear of anything taken. They were covering the whole river. Warmer air temps might bring on the bite, but the water will still be cold when the freezing level goes up by the end of the week with snow melt.
I guess what I am saying is I'm game. I'll go with the majority.