Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nevada Big Dune Sand trip

Default Nevada Big Dune Sand trip

Sold a 1978 CJ5 to a freind of mine that has a place down in Pyhrump Nevada. He said we could stay at his place so We decided to deliver the Jeep and take quads also and ride some of the Sand Dunes in the area. So I thought I would share some pics here go's

Long trip

Default More Pics

Uncle Ed who live in Vegas drove over for the day to join us rideing the sand.

Very steep dunes lot of fun .

Default Nevada pics continued

Ameragossa Vally in decemer

We found this mail box and pole at the northern end of the dunes the mail box had a full can of Bud Light in it.

Anyway hope you guys and gals enjoyed some of the photos .

Pretty cool! I grew up wanting to ride buggies in the Sand Dunes....but the Marine Corps pretty much drove the love for sand out of me.

Wow Stuart, I know just where that is... My other half has alot of family that lives in Pahrump. Looks like you had a great time..
    -Ken

Two fish swim into a concrete wall... One looks to the other and says " Dam!"

RollinontheRvr Guest

Cool pic's Stuart. Makes me wish I had my sand rail back. I would definitely join you for a ride if I did.

7. Default

Wow, nice shots. That takes me back to the days Riding my Honda 250R at Winchester, Sand Lake, and Florence. These days its all Family and fishing-no regrets by any means, but anytime I smell 2-stroke exhaust I go right back to the dunes.
    Team B-Squad

Great pictorial! I am all envy! Looks like a vacation to remember for sure. Love the paddle tires, but what is with the smooth round tires? how do the grip in sand?

Thanks for sharing : P
    C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chinook SSSF View Post
    Great pictorial! I am all envy! Looks like a vacation to remember for sure. Love the paddle tires, but what is with the smooth round tires? how do the grip in sand?

Thanks for sharing : P
    these quads are rear drive only so the back tires do the pushin' and the front tires do the steerin'. thats why the fronts have that little ring on top, I think they're called "Razors"
    Team B-Squad

Yes very good Metal Slinger The front tires on the black bike are called razorbacks. That razor around the center of the tire acks like a rutter and does'nt let the bike drift from side to side very much. If you look closely you can also see that bike has a camera on the front grab bar. Greg the guy that I have been rideng with for years has been doing alot of video for youtube cool stuff.