Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Springer Trolling 201

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by OregonSportsman View Post
    Thanks for the info. Jack. The situaition you described is exactly what happend to us on our first trip out. We had one bite and zero hookups. All we could do is look at each other and ask "how does that happen?". Some how that darn fish stripped the herring off the rig (getting inbetween the two hooks). I'll have to try the method you've described and see if we can't eliminate missed hookups......
    Al, let me know how this works for you, I'd love to get some feedback on it.
    Team B-Squad

Jack, for sure. We should start hittin' it hard starting next week if that water comes down and clears. I'm definately going to give it a shot. Seems like a really good concept to avoid missed hookups.
    NW Steelheaders - Sandy River Chapter

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    One really important thing to consider... For these particular fish(4-5 salt) we will not usually see as many "good" biters, like last year. So good cure, fresh, quality baits, and a good presentation are keys to any fishing success, but it will be very important this year. My best, and biggest Springers that eat Herring, come on whole Red, or even Green labels. Ive got a BBQ skewer method to get them to "kink" for that alluring Chinook slayin' roll. The thing I like about whole Herring, is that it acts like a Kwikfish. It has a "skip beat action" like a plug. So every rotation is a little different... I dunno, it seems to work for me anyways!
    GREAT SECRET that few use..

buuuuuummmmpp
    "Chuck Norris talks in the fourth person"