Thread: Trillium ghost spider!

Ed Fast Guest

Default Trillium ghost spider!

so,

I noticed the Trilliums are out and was going to impress Meluvtrout by showing him the spider that lives on each of them. Well, we looked and they were not there. I'm guessing it's too early in the season and too cold. I looked at the dates from last years pics and them being from mid April might confirm my theory.

Anyway, they are cool critters. They are feisty and match the colors of the flowers they live on. I didn't notice the ghost face until I looked at the photos. This one was in a defense display of some type.

I'll try and find the name of that spider. It appears to be a type of crab spider.

Ed

Ed Fast Guest

Ha, now I know where I've seen that face!

Ghost of C3PO!

Ed

Ed Fast Guest

googled it...........

female Goldenrod Crab Spider

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misumena_vatia

seems they can change from white to yellow, depending on the flower they inhabit.

Ed
    Last edited by Ed Fast; 04-05-2011 at 05:05 PM.

This is why I don't get flowers!

ironhead Guest

Those are some awesome pics, if I knew how to post 1 I would be doing good. Someday I am going to have someone come over and run me through it I even opened up an account at photo-bucket and still cannot figure it out? (poor-me) But its funny the things people do when the rivers are blown.

That's so cool Ed, but not as cool as the video clip of your new hit song! Should I?

Ed Fast Guest

No.

Ed

Spiders are awesome I wish had a picture of the wolf spider that lived behind my bed in highschool it was huge it bit me a few times to. Oh and then there was the garden spider that lived in the top of the verticle blinds and the boys would catch her bugs, then one day she disappeared and spring came and the babies started pouring out it was pretty cool we opened the door and let them out. And their was the time I got chased by a black widow they are vicious anyway hope you all are creeped out now and if you haven't figured it out I love spiders.
    fishing is a family thing and crabbing and camping and...

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Fast View Post
    No.

Ed
    Okie dokie!