Thread: B.C fraiser valley

nautikos Guest

Default B.C fraiser valley

Hook setting greetings I'm been in WA state for a year now but recently moved to whatcom county as of last fall. had a good duck season and i really look forward to fly fishing b.c. rivers in the fraiser valley beginning Late May. I'll mostly be fly fishing & can someone tell me what i can expect as far as the crowds go. I hear the vedder gets a lot of pressure but what about the Chehalis, Harrison and what other few rivers can i target. I appreciate the feedback. I'm 54 & also wouldn't mind getting to know a few other fly fishers who fish b.c. on occasion. I also have tons of river fishing gear when i backtrolled for kings in Alaska, and also fished the ocean back in CA for a few years. I live in Bellingham. I have excellent transportation but no boat these days. Should be getting a pontoon here in a week or so. Thanks very much
    Last edited by nautikos; 04-24-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Welcome to the board! Very few of us get to venture up to the Fraiser but there may be someone who's had experience up there.

Quote Originally Posted by nautikos View Post
    Hook setting greetings I'm been in WA state for a year now but recently moved to whatcom county as of last fall. had a good duck season and i really look forward to fly fishing b.c. rivers in the fraiser valley beginning Late May. I'll mostly be fly fishing & can someone tell me what i can expect as far as the crowds go. I hear the vedder gets a lot of pressure but what about the Chehalis, Harrison and what other few rivers can i target. I appreciate the feedback. I'm 54 & also wouldn't mind getting to know a few other fly fishers who fish b.c. on occasion. I also have tons of river fishing gear when i backtrolled for kings in Alaska, and also fished the ocean back in CA for a few years. I live in Bellingham. I have excellent transportation but no boat these days. Should be getting a pontoon here in a week or so. Thanks very much
    I would call Fred's Custom Tackle in Chilliwack. I don't think the Vedder receives summer steelhead, but I believe it does get a small return of summer kings. I do know of some good rivers North of Vancouver that receive some big summer steelhead.