Thread: WFO Worm Spinner Prototype

Default WFO Worm Spinner Prototype

I like using rubber worms for alot of different techniques and some of us were talking about a worm spinner earlier this year so I made one up for testing. I used a piece of spinner wire, added a changeable blade clevis and about a 1/4 or less of stainless spinner body. I put a small double offset to keep the weight off the worm and than left about 1 inch of bare wire and then added a siwash hook. I then ran a WFO worm onto the hook and up to the base of the spinner body. It looks good and the blades or worm can be changed to fit the conditions. I have used a worm trailer on spinners for steelhead trolling and got my biggest steelhead ever a few years ago at the mouth of the Lewis a +/- 25lber so I know they are effective. I will let you all know how it works after I get some use out of it, seems like a coho killer as well.

1002112249-00.jpg

Looks like a killer to me! Geez man, you're already making me think about winter steelhead and I haven't even caught a fall chinook yet!

Blog Entries

Abe, that is a seriously sweet looking spinnerworm.
    Teddy Wise - Senior Moderator, NWFI

http://therealwiseone.blogspot.com/

OSU Class of 2013 - Go Beavs
    B.S. in Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
    Fisheries Technician with WDFW

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." ~ John Buchan

Death is Certain - Fishing is Not

I'd like to make a few more with black and brass bodies. I could see it working well with a #3 brass or black blade and purple or black worm with pink tail for summers. Bubble gum and reds with silver or brass blade for winters. Lots of combinations to try

5. Default

Hmmm. Got me thinking about trolling the john day next month.
    Team B-Squad

Do you troll inside the mouth or up by the narrows? Havent fished it for steelhead but a few buddies fish it every now and then in the winter I think.

And I thought I had fished a worm every way possible.

Let me know when you want to test that out on one of my favorite coastal rivers Abe.

Right now is a busy time for me. I have to get some stock built so that I will have time to fish this winter. Look for a post in the future on what I have going on. There are a couple of new things about to be released.

Ooh sounds good. I want to go on this winter Hoh, Bogie trip you speak of. I really want to do that this year. I tested it on the river for Ho's the other day but only a few casts and they werent hitting much so not much of a test. I think I will make a few more but with smaller blade sizes and with a metal clevis. I look foreward to getting out with you this winter.