Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bead & Yarn Jig

I have even seen this tied on the river on a regular octopus hook.
    1. tie yarn into egg loop
    2. slide beads of some sort onto leader
    3. crimp on slipshot just above beads.

Fish as a jig.

Quote Originally Posted by samdinger View Post

Fish as a jig.
    Make sure if you're fishing that in Oregon your hook is small enough to be legal.

Great tutorial. I'm going to have to try that.

I've got to quit watching all of these cool Jigs that you are all showing. I will never be able to make up my mind what I am going to build...... (but really cool stuff) Thanks...(sigh)!
    If we would all concentrate on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles!

Of course. Always lega. I actually had been fishing this jig and then went on a guided trip with a very well known guide in oregon. He set two of us up with a jig and float and the third guy with this rigging on a #2 or #1 hook. If you are any more than 4ft away, the human eye can't even tell the difference between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by samdinger View Post

Fish as a jig.
    That's a rad idea! Never thought of that. I made a few yarn jigs last night, and it's very easy, and they look like fish killers!

Quote Originally Posted by ryank View Post
    That's a rad idea! Never thought of that. I made a few yarn jigs last night, and it's very easy, and they look like fish killers!
    Hey now, you can take Teddy's place in the Jig swap!

What samdinger suggests is exactly what I was doing on the good Chum day.
    break off....tie on new leader, toss yarn in egg loop, add a #7 split shot and you're fishing again. Down time less than 1 minute once you get organized.

8. Default

Great Tutorial! I think I know what I'll be working on over the long weekend...
    Team B-Squad

I wasn't sure what you meant about the hook being small enough. Then I thought I remembered that weight on the line needed to be 18 inches above the hook. so I looked it up:

Hook and Weight Regulations: (continued from previous page)
    Single-point hooks larger than 1-inch and multiple-point hooks larger than 9/16-inch gap are prohibited.
    All weight, if not part of a conventional lure, must be attached above the hooks. When using single-point hooks larger than 5/8-inch gap or multiple-point hooks, the attachment of the weight must be 18 inches or more above uppermost hook.
    Last edited by Dillon; 11-23-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dillon View Post
    When using single-point hooks larger than 5/8-inch gap or multiple-point hooks, the attachment of the weight must be 18 inches or more above uppermost hook.
    I'm really bored with all this rain. I just measured a 1/0 owner and the gap is about a half inch so anything 1/0 or smaller and you should be good to go.