Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to figure out a fishing trip

Thanks guys, checked out the camp website. Are there any opportunities to explore that area by foot? It would be nice to do some guided and some solo. I was actually born in Anchorage but I've never been back.

Blog Entries

Srta... But some of the Upper Nush tribs get these rainbows that are unlike any other trout on the planet. They look like a steelhead, and scrap just as hard, 'cept for they eat a doped up Drakes, and tese small, dredged leech things, like they are goin outta style! They are everywhere in the water column, and in the early summer is the best time to get them. They chase the Salmon around, and slay the eggs, and fry!

Not sayin Salmon arent fun, but I get my rocks off dead drifting a GD to a willing, 24" 'Bow these days. When that little "Peace Sign" drops into the boil, and you drop a loop, and reach fir tha sky!.. Theres nothin better at 10 at night, than gettin sunburnt, and smoked by big fish!

Ya gotta get yer Salmon fishin in, and burn your muscles for a few of those days, no doubt! The stupod sockeyes run so thick that if your into it... You can make deals with people, to keep hens... You give them all of your meat, or a portion, and you keep ALL of the eggs! But definetly check out the tribs dude. Those Dollies Al speaks of... Well, be prepared on your light Steelhead gear. They are straight friggin whiskey! Hot fish yo!
    Dinger Jigs
    Lamiglas
    Costa Del Mar

Hostess OG Pro-Staff
    B-Squad!
    Yes, they eat eggs... No. You're WRONG!!!

Those 'bows' you speak of got my attention. Seems like you've been everywhere Arctic! I've been ******** the Old threads lately and saw one where you talked about the umpqua. I'll have to show you the big flo sometime, I've met a couple people that said I can fish their property.

If all you seasoned vets are hyped up on this place then it must be good. Dave I'll take those pics if you don't mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    Sockeye cruising the banks like black clouds, just thousands and thousands of them. Unreal amount of chum biting anything around them. Chrome 30" dollies. We got a coho last july too!
    Not to mention 100 kings a day for two people, with a few days way over that.

Incredibly clean campsite, They rigged a pump and tubing around a wood stove so you have warm showers, Excellent full height wall tents, comfy cots, World class Traeger cooked meals every day, and great fishermen running the boats.

I'm not discrediting any other camps, but the Tomans is as good as it gets.
    Dude, you should call him and ask if you can write his add in STS...

If you have not seen the posts Osmosis is referring to, here is a link...

http://northwestfishing.info/showthr...ight=king+camp

For men may come and men may go, But I go on for ever. - Alfred Lord Tennyson "The Brook"

Just read it haha, looks like he probably had a sore arm!

crippledanchovy Guest

ya always have big bows and beautiful big dollies in the upper Kenai, plus you'll have all the reds you want. That in itself with a cooler filled with the richest, reddest meat you can find on this planet. B.C. fraiser valley has 4 or 5 good rivers. not too sure on the run timing. You could fish for reds on weekends and go for bows and dollies during the week for a more peaceful time. Early fall is a great time for throwing white and black maribou muddlers. every cast gets a hit; it's simply amazing