Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Less than 10 days

Smile Less than 10 days

And I'll be landing in Dillingham, getting ready to fish the Nushagak again this year

I'm getting pumped for the only place on the planet where you pray for a five minute break from netting fish!!!!!

Look out Kings,Chum, sockeye here I come.......

Anyone else heading north this summer? Where?

Chris
    Last edited by Goldenstone; 07-30-2010 at 04:50 PM.

Lucky dog,,,,IM home boy this year, had my fun last year lol.....thats the excuse I am standing on this year anyways Good luck Chris.
    C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

Blog Entries

Hopefully I will hit the Situk in late June, and into July for some bright Chinook, and then rally on some Coho in overfished Chinook rivers later on, like in mid-September on some smaller rivers. Even the Kenai gets less Coho pressure than one would initially think... Let alone the lesser known basins. But the Nush has always been good to me. Very... Anyone ever fish the bottom few miles of the Deshka? I did once. And never had more fun bank fishing. Just simple, deep hole hoppin for mint fresh Chinook.
    Dinger Jigs
    Lamiglas
    Costa Del Mar

Hostess OG Pro-Staff
    B-Squad!
    Yes, they eat eggs... No. You're WRONG!!!

4. Default Very nice

Sounds like your timing should be very good. Please post a report when you get back.

Cheers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by scudrunner View Post
    Sounds like your timing should be very good. Please post a report when you get back.

Cheers

I'm guiding for 14 days at the Toman Camp again this year. I show up a few days early to get my gear and fish for fun,and then I think I work 10 or so days before coming back on the 4th of July.

Of course I'll have pictures and stories to share when I get back! Hopefully I can get my video camera into the action too.It won't be as pretty as Matthew's stuff, but could be entertaining to do for a you tube vid or something......

We had high speed internet set up last year, which was pretty cool. This year there is supposed to be a webcam with a feed set so people can check out the action.I don't have all the details,and I'm not exactly sure when it goes up, but I think it should be up around the 24th or so.

Chris

You guys are killing me. My dream is to go to Alaska, I would go this year but I'm way too busy with work. That and I promised my buddies we would go together next year.

7. Default Welcome to the board

Quote Originally Posted by Fishnfool View Post
    You guys are killing me. My dream is to go to Alaska, I would go this year but I'm way too busy with work. That and I promised my buddies we would go together next year.
    Hey, welcome to the board. First, be thankful that you have a job to be too busy at.

Alaska is a great place to visit, fish and live! While you are waiting for your trip, google every thing you can about Alaska, read every book you can find, and search every forum you can find. There is so much to do, and so much water to cover you can find yourself overwhelmed just deciding where to go.

So, decide what kind of fishing, what species you would like to catch, and the kind of experience you would like. Then start planning from there.

Cheers

Blog Entries

On top of all the great fishing opportunities, the scenery in general is impressive. There is so much to do outside of the river basins, but having a job every summer that happens to be in a harbor town is a plus. Gypsy fishers, on a mission!... And yes, to what Ed said. Everything!
    Last edited by Arctic; 06-11-2009 at 10:50 PM.
    Dinger Jigs
    Lamiglas
    Costa Del Mar

Hostess OG Pro-Staff
    B-Squad!
    Yes, they eat eggs... No. You're WRONG!!!

9. Default Stinky socks in the 'tuk.

All are jabberin about AK, well here is whats happening out of Yakutat. The Situk has fresh Sockers comin in with the tides. And the inlet boils with more fish every day. Here are some recent shots from the Situk Sock, flesh festival. And these ones don't take much to get legitimately. No beads, or lining needed. They eat pink jigs... And jugs, or pligs too. Enjoy! Neon, you still planning to head up in Sept.? Or is that the start of Red Kings? Let me know boy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hell's Bel; 06-12-2009 at 10:45 AM.

I like the look on the dog's face ... "Go ahead and move fish. C'mon make my day !"