Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's That Time Again

Quote Originally Posted by halibuthitman View Post
    The socks were thicker in the Russian, due to it having an early run and late run.. but quartz is starting to get thick... about 2 weeks sooner than ive seen it in the past, and the Dolly's are Fat.. the early season before the socks got thick I had some of the largest and most consistent Rainbow fishing in years on the upper Russian.. I certainly will stop by at some point... crecent creek, ive never managed a grayling out of that place, you ever get one? Great camping spot for night time bear viewing!
    I've gotten grayling up to 18" out of that crik. I'm glad to hear they are in Quartz already, last year they didn't get thick till the second week of August. I'm going to try mouse patters on Quartz this year for the big boys. We see bears almost daily on the crik around camp and some are VERY BIG.

Ed Fast Guest

Mike leaves tomorrow....

GOOD LUCK, MIKE!!

Ed

Flymstr Guest

Yeah good luck Mike. Hope you kill em' bro.

Luck mike! Get fish, not bears.

Thanks guys, we should be catching trout and bear viewing tonight. We are going to wait on salmon fishing until after the weekend to cut down on traffic from Anchorage.
    Heading to the airport shortly and won't have any way of posting while gone, so everybody have a safe and fun summer on the water.

Send us some pictures if you can, or take alot and put together a montage!

Looking forward to seeing lots of pics, good luck!

Update from Braun camp 7/30:

They are at the camp site safe and sound, fished the Anchor and Kenai rivers. Had a 40 fish (each) day yesterday(silvers, pinks, sockeye). Kept a couple silvers for dinner last night. Limits on sockeye today with a bunch of fish released. No trouts yet due to bad chinook return, expecting the sockeye spawn on upper river for the trouts to be active. Spotted couple brown bears one about 25 feet close to them.

I've never been near a bear, 25' is beyond close for me!

Update from Braun Camp 08-02-2012: Trout fishing on upper Anchor with about 200 fish each caught and released. Bunch of little ones though, still waiting for the spawn to get them munch on eggs and get bigger in size. Packed about 45lbs of fish to send to OR with Fedex. Sockeye are still running strong. No chinooks yet. Bears are also still around with a mix of blacks and browns. Debating with his brother Ron to see if yesterday was Thursday or not. I guess keeping time is an issue up in AK.
    Last edited by meluvtrout; 08-03-2012 at 06:45 PM.