Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Cool Interesting Odd & Almost A Photo Members Gallery

Thumbs up Random Cool Interesting Odd & Almost A Photo Members Gallery

A place to show off your [random, cool, odd, interesting and almost a good photo] photos and stuff that would otherwise be lost in a heap of digital madness known as your hard drive! Sometimes the most interesting things come from bad photos or even from our mistakes. Odd photos always catch our attention and often cause us to take a second look. Nothing says you have to be a pro to take an interesting photo when Nothing fancy can still trip the mind. Cool can only be defined by what we enjoy seeing most in life. Perhaps you have a photo of just something you love! Have you taken such an interesting photo? Please share it here with us here and tell us what is unique about your photo

Photo Posting Tutorial by Golden Stone

The Salmon of Christ

What looks to be the light of the heaven's shining down upon thee is actually a salmon smoker filling a breezeless Eagle Creek canyon on a very sunny afternoon. A bit of neutral density to tame the sun's over powering light and your in business!

Careful with that Color Eugene

A color filter experiment gone horribly wrong on the lower Sandy River in troudale Oregon. Know the spot? While cycling through a pile color filters looking for something out of the ordinary, the dark amber gradient sunset filter captured this oddball of an image. Even though the sky is red, the bottom half of the photo is not because the amber filter is gradient. The black sky reflection came from the solid ND filter that was sitting just behind the amber filter, that was used to tame the direct sunlight above. One thing is for certain, the filters did exactly what I asked of them!

Not The Sunset You Hoped For

I shot this on Marine drive by the airport during a sunset. Only thing is, thats not the sun or the sunset...That is actually one of those red lights they have on the dike across the street with the barbed wire and spider's web wrapped all around them. The scene looked even cooler after adding a few drops of water to the webs. I like to think this paints a picture of something much bigger than it really is...

A Glitch in the Matrix

Chrissy shot this photo a few years ago at Oxbow Park. Who knows what really happened inside that crazy little Canon camera. It was unable to fill in the blanks fast enough to complete the image. Still though, you can not help but take a second look

Lets see some of your digital madness
    C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

Here is a shot of the canopy of some trees. It looks like the ground which was why I held on to it.

LOL...your right, first thing I though was leaves on some kind of tile ground....

Golden Stone Web Design

4. Default

Here is one that I shot in maybe 2001, or 2002. With a friends camera. Terrible lens flare, and you can hardly see the other bank, but it isn't too bad to look at. Sorta.

It is of the upper Skykomish river rafters worst gut wrencher. River mist. You can only imagine what is down river, 200 yards creating that beautiful mist. Luckily, we were just fishing, on vacation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hell's Bel; 06-27-2009 at 01:38 PM.

I love lens flair! Looks like yak water for sure, imagine trying to control anything on a fly rod in water like that

Golden Stone Web Design

Default Here is just something we love

Golden Stone Web Design

Not sure what I was thinking during this shot Has a cool look to it somehow...idk...I shot a bunch of cool stills during a video shoot for Canby Fire Dist, for their web site..

That was certainly the closest I have ever been to a house fire...lol...the video gets much closer!

Golden Stone Web Design

Painted Sky

Yea I know its a black & white so how could the sky be painted? I is not....but look at it? It has a painted look to me. I mean the rest of the image is a photo. No HDR or anything here....How this happened was that when I first did the photo I used alot of contrast on the sky area. Once converted to monochrome this is what I got. A beautiful scene though and if you have evern seen this spot, you know its lovely Timothy Meadows and Oak Grove Fork.

Terminator Creek

This is what happens when you shoot a time exposure against reflected moving water, without the use of a polarizing filter to cute the glare and seemingly unwanted blue sky reflection. I personaly like the image but it does not come off as being very natural : )

On Golden Pond Almost

The forground of this image is in my eyes is stunning and exactly as I asked of my camera when I took the shot......Problem is the background. It is relatively featurless The sun feature would have worked nicely but that cold grey sky color is useless when put in contrast with the gold forground. I would have to go digital art to do anything with this and then it would no longer be natural....The tree line is to far back to work a silhouette, and zooming or cropping in would have moved passed the water feature in the front end of the image that I really do like....better luck next time Charlie/...]]]]&^%#

Golden Stone Web Design

Default Vessels of the Willamette

Empress of the North

Ocean Hawthorn

Golden Stone Web Design

Default About the animals I see from time to time

On the subject of animals this summer, here are a few interesting captures. Is a fish an animal? If it is dead, how long until it is fossilized? Do we even know what life is hiding under the canopy? One beauty destroys another? In nature we do not need those answers.

Hi my name is Bob

IM not really a fossilized snake or anything....Im just hangin out here cathin some rays, no really its very warm on the street...

Close the drapes please, your letting the sun in....

I ate it's face, and it was goooooooood!

Golden Stone Web Design