Thread: summer spey and switch rods...

Default summer spey and switch rods...

I get emails from Sierra Trading Post offering an extra %40 off all the time. Well this last time I checked they have added a few nice toys. They are offering a Echo Solo spey rod 12'2" 5 wt and they have Reddington CPX spey and switch rods. The Reddington switch is marked way down and the spey rods will be in time. The Echo after the extra %40 off is like $97 dollars,this would make for a very nice beginner spey rod for the Deschuttes or for half-pounders on the Rogue.I have not tried the Reddingtons but I do have few switch rods and love them.Just though I would throw this out there,they do have other fly rods and goodies of all sorts. I am sure someone can take advantage of these ridiculous deals

Another option is The Caddis Fly Shop in Eugene has the Echo Dec Hogan spey rods on sale too. They are going for $265 instead of $365.They have both the 5wt and 6wt spey rods.These are perfect rods for swinging surface flies on the Deschuttes or Jon Day or chasing summers anywhere.They could be used in Alaska for big rainbows too.

An Echo spey rod for under a hundred bucks is a great deal. I'll check it out.