Thread: Some exciting job news for me

Blog Entries

Default Some exciting job news for me

Hey folks!

My career has taken a small turn from fisheries for the time being, but I'm happy and excited to announce (have known for about a month now) that I officially have employment with the World's Foremost Outfitter! The Tualatin branch, being built from the ground up by yours truly and my co-workers in the coming six weeks, will be having a grand opening celebration on Thursday, September 18th. It's going to be a crazy experience but it should be really awesome and I hope to see all of your shining faces there! I am really stoked to be a part of such an awesome brand and to truly be "selling fun"!

I'm under NDA so I can't say anything tooooo exciting about the store just yet other than it's going to be a true Cabela's: the biggest in Oregon (well over 100,000 square feet). It will have trophy animal mounts in the store, awesome displays and aquariums, and quite frankly it's going to be a heck of a lot better than the one down south, because I'll be working there of course! The grand opening is going to be an awesome ceremony and if you can't make it to that, I'd at least like to meet you at the store sometime.
    Teddy Wise - Senior Moderator, NWFI

http://therealwiseone.blogspot.com/

OSU Class of 2013 - Go Beavs
    B.S. in Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
    Fisheries Technician with WDFW

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." ~ John Buchan

Death is Certain - Fishing is Not

Congrats man! That's sweet news. I'll be letting this calm down for a while after the opening before I go check it out......
    NW Steelheaders - Sandy River Chapter

Congrats, I live in Tualatin, I'll be your next best friend!

Blog Entries

Thanks folks!

Yeah OS, I agree, waiting for it to calm down might be a good idea. They are expecting 4,000-6,000 people at the store on grand opening day, and well more throughout the "opening" weekend. It is going to be a zoo, but should be a cool experience!

Ali, sounds good man! I'm sure I will be seeing tons of people I know at the store. I'm really excited for that.
    Teddy Wise - Senior Moderator, NWFI

http://therealwiseone.blogspot.com/

OSU Class of 2013 - Go Beavs
    B.S. in Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
    Fisheries Technician with WDFW

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." ~ John Buchan

Death is Certain - Fishing is Not