Thread: Quick Garibaldi report

Default Quick Garibaldi report

Crushed the rockfish today. Fast limits with lings, cabezon, kelp greenling, black and blue rockfish. Also caught some coho, Bummer it was closed today, Owell opens tomorrow and far from short on salmon at home.

Orange did the most damage today. Fish were shallower than other boats went.

Tuna guys did great.

Crab thieves out in full force, so don't bother putting pots inside just put em in the ocean.

I feel like I'm getting old, it's definitely bedtime.
    "Chuck Norris talks in the fourth person"

At one point I saw a coho about 8 feet from the boat a few feet under doing its cartwheels and death rolls, I yell that someone has a salmon on and to reel like hell.
    I was the lucky dude, never even felt the bite.

Nice work Alan. Way to change it up and go after white meat creatures. That is still on my todo list.

Btw. You are getting old...oh wait we all are. My son will be 2 in few months. That is just insane.

Coho fest today. Fish every couple minutes. Most boats around us the same story.

Got all of our rockfish also.

Highlight of the day was seeing a sunfish that had to be 7 feet long. Incredible.
    Last edited by Osmosis; 08-31-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Sounds like you went to the seafood grocery store Alan! Nice work! Not to hijack, but I went on a charter trip today out of Ilwaco over the Columbia bar and we had our 6 limits of coho by 10AM, still lots of nice hatchery fish out there but you have to do a bit more sorting through the natives that have moved in just outside of Long Beach. Pretty lumpy day out there as well, so be sure to keep an eye on your bar and weather forecasts before you head out.
    Teddy Wise - Senior Moderator, NWFI

http://therealwiseone.blogspot.com/

OSU Class of 2013 - Go Beavs
    B.S. in Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
    Fisheries Technician with WDFW

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." ~ John Buchan

Death is Certain - Fishing is Not

Slower today. Few coho and a bunch of rockfish.

The terrible finally happened... 4 pots were stolen, not just the crab out of them.

That sucks about your crab pots Alan, other wise sounds like some great fishing at the coast. Were you able to snap a picture of the sunfish?

yeah it happens. It's a bummer, and I hope karma watched.

I got a few pics of some smaller Mola Mola, put em up on facebook. The forum never lets me post pics from my phone to here, so go check 'em out on my FB.