Thread: Legal advise

Default Legal advise

Went down to the coast to do some clam diggin' over the weekend. Headed down Fri. afternoon with 3 buddys, planning on just diggin' Sat. morning and coming home. We were staying with another buddy, on his property in Chinook, WA. Thought about diggin' Fri. night since there was a low tide at 8pm, then diggin' the next morning and making out with 30 clams a piece. That didn't work out, so we ended up buying a WA license and diggin' Sat. morning in WA then going over the river to get our 15 clams in OR.

Here's what I need help with.......

If we would have dug a limit Fri. night and Sat. morning in OR we would be in compliance with a 2 limit possession.

Since we dug a limit in WA and a limit in OR in the same day we were still in compliance with a 2 limit possession.

Say we wanted to dig a limit in WA and OR both Fri & Sat we would have 4 limits in possession.

Is this legal with a WA & OR shellfish license? You would be in possession of 2 limits for each state (4 limits total). Makes sense to me, but we argued over it around the campfire Fri. night and ended up just getting one limit in each on each side of the river.
    NW Steelheaders - Sandy River Chapter

What if you were to have eaten the clams while sitting around the campfire instead of arguing?
    -Ken

Two fish swim into a concrete wall... One looks to the other and says " Dam!"

Lol ^

I would vote for illegal, partly on the idea that having a F&W officer believe that 2 limits are from one location and 2 from another is a stretch on its own. Those guys deal with a LOT of shady stuff and the accompanying stories, and it'd be a shame to skirt that line.

Think of killing 2 springers on the Columbia in one day, and tagging one of each on an OR license and a WA license - that is illegal and I think is pretty comparable to that scenario if I read it right.

Granted that's just my speculation, not legal advice.
    "Chuck Norris talks in the fourth person"

LoL ken, just LoL
    C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

Good point Ken, SA! But I can't eat that many clams in one sitting........
    NW Steelheaders - Sandy River Chapter

Lol, that is a lot of clams..
    -Ken

Two fish swim into a concrete wall... One looks to the other and says " Dam!"