Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you doing on the Summer Runs?

I was able to get out for a few hours, I got one.

-Ken

Two fish swim into a concrete wall... One looks to the other and says " Dam!"

Nice!

Same spinner different brand as my fish. You'd think summer either hate or love those!
    "Chuck Norris talks in the fourth person"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    Nice!

Same spinner different brand as my fish. You'd think summer either hate or love those!
    I believe it's a love and hate thing.

The last two (a couple weeks ago) hit the same body with a brass blade. I fish those two lures most often. If they don't hit either one... They might want bait. lol Just for the record, the stomach was stuffed with two whole sand shrimp with the big claw attached.
    -Ken

Frack, I ran that color all day today in the clack but the water was WAY high again for where I go. Graph shows a steady drop all week, back at it again soon. Managed to put a pair of springers in the freezer last week but really I just want to play with steelhead! :P I was very surprised to not have a strike at all today even with the higher water but I'M not taking it personal since im off to a super start so far
    C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

Very nice! I used to be all about the brass but seem to have switched to dark stuff for my go-to for some reason. I have 3 or 4 R&B spinners that have been left in my boats over the years and I cant seem to roll them as smoothly without pounding the rocks, so I've been running these lighter bullet bodies (1/8oz)

I'll be back out Thursday I think, hopefully there are more around.
    "Chuck Norris talks in the fourth person"

Blog Entries

Some nice summer steelhead showing up on this page!

I haven't hooked one yet myself, but they are finally starting to show in one of the SW WA rivers that I creel for work, as I've been checking one or two a day. Also they are starting to show up in the lower Big C as well, as I know a few guys who have been getting them plunking off the lower beaches. Definitely a nice start to the summer season. Hopefully I'll be able to pop one here in the next week or two.
    Teddy Wise - Senior Moderator, NWFI

http://therealwiseone.blogspot.com/

OSU Class of 2013 - Go Beavs
    B.S. in Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
    Fisheries Technician with WDFW

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." ~ John Buchan

Death is Certain - Fishing is Not

I'm getting one this weekend. I'm on 10 trips without a fish so I think it's time to turn the tables.

fisch? 10 trips without a fish? That's not like you...... hope you can find justice soon ><>

Golden Stone Web Design

Not the best pics in the world, but I am on the board Posting late, these are 3 weeks old now.

Golden Stone Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    Very nice! I used to be all about the brass but seem to have switched to dark stuff for my go-to for some reason. I have 3 or 4 R&B spinners that have been left in my boats over the years and I cant seem to roll them as smoothly without pounding the rocks, so I've been running these lighter bullet bodies (1/8oz)

I'll be back out Thursday I think, hopefully there are more around.
    I think it'a all about what you get used to using. I have figured out how to build my spinners to do what I need them to do for the places I fish. Good luck to ya' out there Thursday.
    -Ken