Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you doing on the Summer Runs?

Default How are you doing on the Summer Runs?

I finally put in a lil' effort to get out. Was runnin' a high fever and felt like death... Perfect circumstance for a 2/3 day in April...:

Hope Y'all are doing ok. Might give the DesChutes a try next..... Rumer has it.... Never mind... Two Fer' Three lost one at the bank.. ( I apologize in advance for any inconvenience... Photobucket was not very user friendly tonight...
    Attachment 324
    Last edited by spactrukn; 05-02-2016 at 11:05 PM.
    -Ken

Two fish swim into a concrete wall... One looks to the other and says " Dam!"

I've only made it out once, nothing for me. My buddy lost one that day. We were new on that stream checking it out, Im going back friday and have a better idea where to go. The Deschutes in May!?

Taking my first float tomorrow for some valley summers. Hopes aren't very high, but there's a chance.
    "Chuck Norris talks in the fourth person"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    Taking my first float tomorrow for some valley summers. Hopes aren't very high, but there's a chance.
    Ha! You sound like me. I feel about the same way nowadays!

I love summer runs! I often miss good winter runs because the cold just annoys me to much. I am seeing outgoing smolts each year, can only hope that some of them are hatchery summer runs and that it keeps going. Great tasting fish too, like springer but without the fishy taste. Hoping to pick up an accidental springer too if possible, sometimes my blades pick them up, not sure if I will actually try for one though...
    C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

I cut out of work a few hours early today to see if I could find a willing biter or three... I have been sick the past couple weeks and it kept me at home, really needed to get out. Covered about a mile of my favorite water with no pressure and struck out. I'm hoping the expected rain this weekend will put some fish on the move.
    -Ken

Found one in the valley today:

Nice! I might give it a shot tomorrow.
    -Ken

The valley might be 25 THOUSAND springers behind schedule compared to last year, but we have 4x the steelhead we did by this time last year. I saw a bunch of fish in the tailouts, Got this one and lost another in the super short float. Probably back at it tomorrow.

Also I was the 13th boat down, and more bank guys than I've seen all year by at least 4x. Weekends are stupid

I'm ready for sum summer steel action. I will give it a try next week. Pontoon boat is about to get some excersize.