Thread: KGON Contest

Default KGON Contest

People really do win!

Back story......

Got married last August, bought our first house in September, and just found out the wife is 10 weeks pregnant.

Well, ever since the weather started getting nice the first major project is to build a new deck. Ours in OK, but hasn't been maintained in years and it's way too small. Problem is we haven't been able to do it yet, and with the kid coming it probably wasn't going to happen this year. So, driving to work a few weeks back and listing to KGON they have this "HOW BIG IS YOU DECK" contest. And the advertisement says to go online to win a new deck. So, when I got to work I entered to win a new deck, can't hurt right. But who wins these things?

This morning I get a call from KGON and the guy asks me if I remember entering the contest. I say I did and that I was in need of a new deck. He says, "you got one"! So I won a deck from Mr. Plywood, and it's being built by Coda Construction. Then the guy goes on to tell me I've also won a Laurelwood Brewery table and chairs (or a picnic table, not sure which), and a table umbrella or canopy. Still unclear on exactly what I'm getting. Then he said I call you when the smoker arrives, and you can come pick everything up. So they are throwing in a Smoke Chef pellet grill. All this for signing up online!

Anyway, just wanted to let people know that normal people really can win these things. I've never won a darn thing before this, at least not something of this size. Guess it's time to go buy a lottery ticket.
    NW Steelheaders - Sandy River Chapter

Haha! That's rad! I've always wondered if anyone actually wins those things. Post a pic up when it's all done! What are the odds that you need a new deck and there happened to be a "win a new deck" contest on the radio, then you actually win it!

Congrats Enjoy the the new deck
    C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

Thanks guys!

Ryan, you don't have to tell me. Now I'm just wondering if it will really happen. Couldn't have come at a better time!
    NW Steelheaders - Sandy River Chapter

Really cool Al. I won $100.00 back in the 80's from KMET down in So. Cal. Nothing like what you got. Hell, that's almost a new back yard!
    -Ken

Two fish swim into a concrete wall... One looks to the other and says " Dam!"

How cool is that!

I'll take lucky over good any day
    "Chuck Norris talks in the fourth person"

Very Nice! Congrats!
    If we would all concentrate on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    How cool is that!

I'll take lucky over good any day
    You can say that again! Nice score!
    Teddy Wise - Senior Moderator, NWFI

http://therealwiseone.blogspot.com/

OSU Class of 2013 - Go Beavs
    B.S. in Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
    Fisheries Technician with WDFW

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." ~ John Buchan

Death is Certain - Fishing is Not

this is crazy. kid, new deck for free.

congrats