Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One t0o MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016" ~<)))><

Default One t0o MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016" ~<)))><

I am so excited to finally have this forum installed. It has been planned for a while. I have always fished for carp. Carp were one of my earliest "big fish" experiences. I have fond memories of sitting up all night long lakeside, waiting for those bite alarms to go off. I couldn't believe how many opportunities for carp there were when I moved here. They were harder to find but larger where I grew up fishing for them. Found them pretty fast in Columbia Slough back in the early 2000's and then spent a bit of time fishing for them there and up towards Kelly Point. I still enjoy and appreciate this resource and their fighting skills much

Mirror Carp - Cyprinus Carpio

Pre-occupied with steelhead and salmon fishing for the last 2 months, I didn't to try much. That doesn't mean I was not thinking about it. On my way fishing I would often stop along the Willamette River and watch the packs common carp feeding on the mud flats during high tide. I knew they would fish well if I just made the effort. Will and tide timing finally found me sitting along the Willamette River to try my luck one hot day last week. Carp seems good right now on the Willamette. I had no problem bringing them to corn. Slack line presentation on high slack tide. I lost a really big one that just screamed off down in to the deeps of the Willamette like a damn sturgeon. It was hooked 8 feet from shore though so I know it was a big carp. The others I actually landed were in the 6 to 10 LB range. I am sure with a little time and effort much larger fish can be found. "Note to self, JS 9'6 and 10lb# is TOO0o light for the big ones, ass was kicked by Walter" I will be looking in to this more next week with a friend.

C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

Golden Stone Web Design

Golden Stone Web Design

Golden Stone Web Design

Golden Stone Web Design

Golden Stone Web Design

Funny how the fishing has slowed down but the fish are much larger now. I can feel the change of the seasons coming from the carp.

Golden Stone Web Design

Them's some nice look in' Carp! Interesting to se the development here.
    -Ken

Two fish swim into a concrete wall... One looks to the other and says " Dam!"

Blog Entries

Loving these pics! As always you have your photo-artistic touch on everything which is a sight to behold. Nice posts!
    Teddy Wise - Senior Moderator, NWFI

http://therealwiseone.blogspot.com/

OSU Class of 2013 - Go Beavs
    B.S. in Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
    Fisheries Technician with WDFW

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." ~ John Buchan

Death is Certain - Fishing is Not

Thanks Have spent a lot of "session" hours on the water in the last month and at home working on baits. Some days have been slow but the learning has been the greatest thing. Persistence has also paid off since now I have figured out how to get the larger fish from the spot I have been at. There is a difference! I can see things now I never saw before that have improved my ability to find and catch carp like I never could before. Youtube and 2 guys I met on the water also have been a huge help. I am also learning how to catch big cats and how to make catfish baits for next spring on sauvies, so you 2 guys get ready!, :P I am also acquiring gear to take on the big river and the big carp "20+" in March. I am just fishing in the areas with small to medium fish and learning how it all works. I wouldn't say that anything I ever did fishing for carp was wrong but I would say the way I am fishing now is entirely different from any way I have fished before. For example I used to reply on watching the line for subtle takes and trying to snap set the hook to get them. Now I leave the rod on the holder and let the carp freight train the braided line and hair rig, they hook themselves..... WIN WIN ><,>

Golden Stone Web Design