Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One t0o MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016" ~<)))><

I'm not much of a "hooksetter" either.... lol Thats for the B.A.S.S. Pros on TV.
    -Ken

Two fish swim into a concrete wall... One looks to the other and says " Dam!"

I was told about this stunning white Koi recently. I certainly did not expect to find it on the end of my line in a river as big as the willamette! This lovely fish has been released before I was told and I of course continued the gesture by never taking it out of the water. I am honored that it fell to one of my custom baits. Look up the term "specimen carp fishing", this is a known fish and I caught it! I also caught a large diamond shaped 6 inch carp colored gold fish. I thought it was a small carp at first until I realize I had found a school of vandals and outcasts, after releasing the white koi whom is obv their leader. Only one common, carp was rather slow. Some days are just like that but glad the gold fish kept me company ><,>

C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

Blog Entries

Ha! Wow!

Talk about catching a living "legend" literally!

That's so cool. Nicely done! What a pretty Koi.
    Teddy Wise - Senior Moderator, NWFI

http://therealwiseone.blogspot.com/

OSU Class of 2013 - Go Beavs
    B.S. in Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
    Fisheries Technician with WDFW

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." ~ John Buchan

Death is Certain - Fishing is Not

Goldfish don't have barbels - that's a small carp. I've played with lots of carp on the Willamette, never ran into a koi. Neat catch.

Yes that's a common carp, I didn't get pics of the goldfish as I thought it was just a small carp at first. The common carp shown came later before dark. You can also tell because the big goldfish "whatever color" will be short, fat, and diamond shaped. Small commons tend to be a half oval shape.

Golden Stone Web Design

What is the pink string?

Quote Originally Posted by ryank View Post
    What is the pink string?
    Good question! That is my pink 25# KastKing braid. I decided to cut the nonsense from my carp fishing by ditching the mono for a no stretch line that would aid in them hooking themselves. This has resulted in a few bent hooks but I have learned to back the damn drag off a bit lol, and I have a baitfeeder type real on the way! So when I fish carp I tend to watch my line a lot. Also some days I fish a slack line presentation which requires the ability to see your line. I am running bite alarms now but old habits still give me confidence and I still watch the line so I can know when its about to get freight trained. The pink shows up in all conditions. You can see EVERYTHING that happens with a high vis braid. I actually see it when the carp pick up and drop my bait real fast. This is important because I can tell if they are biting soft that day so I can switch up to a slack line pres. I also ordered a vermilion red for the SKS Sonik Black Carp rod and Okuma Trio Baitfeeder I just ordered but I don't think it will be as visible as the pink. I am VERY happy with the pink. I run sections of green tuff line for my weight rig. This get the pink line a few feet away from the rig the same way that Jordan Lee runs a section of FC ahead of the lures. I have acquired several game changers in the last few weeks while working out the bugs and the pink braid is one of them ><,>

why-jordan-lee-uses-pink-braided-fishing-line

KastKing Braid Pink on Ebay

Golden Stone Web Design

Beat the wind, keep the tips low ><,>

Golden Stone Web Design

"About 30 years ago, when Koi keeping began to take off outside of Japan, the Bekko variety was quite fashionable, but like most fads, the popularity of this Koi diminished over time and their popularity has begun to diminish and nowadays the breed is quite underrepresented at most shows. Though they may be hard to find, good specimens are truly stunning in their simplicity and beauty."

Golden Stone Web Design

Looks like a Piebald fish....
    Last edited by spactrukn; 09-13-2016 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Spelling
    -Ken

Two fish swim into a concrete wall... One looks to the other and says " Dam!"