Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: One t0o MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016" ~<)))><

Having seen a piebald deer in the wild, I would have to agree.
    C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

I couldn't stop watching this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA1vgfIgAYM
    -Ken

Two fish swim into a concrete wall... One looks to the other and says " Dam!"

That is awesome Ken, thanks for posting.

Golden Stone Web Design

Somehow I missed this post. I have very mixed feeling about carp now and I have not fished for them for 10+ years. Never fished for them in Oregon.

Being from Slovakia I grew up on carp. I fished for them for 20years. Mainly lakes and rivers in home land and some in southern europe - Romania, Italy and England. Fried Carp is national xmas dish in Slovakia so I ate a fair share of these creatures. I was a carp addict! I used to go on week long fishing trips where we would cook boiles at the camp site and "feed" the carp in one spot so we get consistent action. Never caught a really big one but plenty of 20+lb fish. I may still have all the gear but it's in my parent's garage.

My absolute favorite way to get these were 13' light bobber rods with long distance bobber presentations. Talk about challenge and fight.

I don't know how much help I can be since it's been sooo long and it is a different environment but shoot any questions my way.

Let's go carp fishing!

Totally! OMG, you know the carp Jedi ways! I am also Czech but I grew up doing all night sessions on Cali lakes for them thanks to a very German friend I had. I am now fishing UK style and have almost everything I need. I was killing them on garlic boilies I made myself on Monday. 6 or 7 solid runs for an eve on the Willamette. Oregon carp do go well over 20 but they are in isolated areas. Most of the fish you will encounter are below 15 unless you fish the Columbia a lot. I am making anchovy boilies to fish smaller sturgeon, carp style with a sniper weight pod with a buzzar bar. The baits will take some R&D over the winter. See if you can get your gear together and if nothing else, next spring? I am fishing through Oct until it gets to cold and or Coho light up. Thanks for the note! We will hook up and do this for sure if you are interested.

Golden Stone Web Design

That's exciting. Carp fishing in Oregon. Here I come.

Went out this morning for a bit, soaked a new real. The bait feeder feature was great. No more rod getting slammed in the holder or loose drag to tighten down. I discovered that carp like tuna! Its easy to assume carp will eat anything tasty or fishy but that's only partly true. While they may eat most baits overall, on a given day only 1 or 2 flavors might be working. Today was tuna and oatmeal. Last week it was garlic and shrimp. The week before that 2 larger fish fell to strawberry. The week before that it was straight up Fred Meyer bread. I no longer rely on sweet corn itself but corn is often an ingredient in my custom baits in one form or another. They will not always take sweet corn so best come prepared! Fishing was active today. Super nice day out ><,>

Golden Stone Web Design

Sitting in my apt today looking out at the nice weather was difficult. I admit to wanting to go carp fishing but weeks of rain, cold weather, and a tooth infection have all but put a close on my carp season and this thread. The salmon are running and soon after the water in the Willamette rises the sturgeon bite near my home will turn on. I learned a lot this season. More than all my previous years of carpin combined but still carrying some of those old secrets forward as well. By the end of the season I managed to gear up almost entirely U.K. It took some time for overseas orders to arrive but its all amazing and well engineered gear. I am very excited about the prospects for bank handling a few sturgeon this winter but I am missing those warm days of watching bite alarms and sunsets. Legends were caught, friends were made, rods got freight trained and bite alarms were screaming! I even landed a few nice fish! I can not wait till next spring to get back to the backwaters and sloughs. This is something that people either think is a waste of time or you get the bug and feel the power of these fish and never stop. Forever touched by gold I am. Closing this season is only slightly easier knowing I have a solid plan for next year. I can easily promise that next years thread will be just as colorful and creative. I fully intend to concentrate on big carp locations at the correct times throughout the season with my new SKS Black and Trio Baitfeeder and show everyone just exactly why Black Rods Matter <)))><

The Legendary White of Carp Rock bay ><(((>

Friends were made

Rods got freight trained and bite alarms were screaming

I even landed a few nice fish!

Forever touched by gold and a taste of things to come

The End ....... ><(((>

Golden Stone Web Design

Epic Carpo Endo.