Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Six Dollar Sand Spike Rod Holder

Actually I was more concerned about scratching up the ABU reels!
    C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

The padding on mine was to minimize the effect on the cork. Actually the best way would be to use a flat headed bolt and counter sink the head of that bolt into the CPVC but I was a lil' lazy that day and really never got around to it. CW, I like the keeper idea because when I'm fishing in places like Bonneville or Warrendale the pile of rocks that hold that thing in place are sketchy at best... Almost had the rod fall out a time or two... Mine works best in sand and holds nice and tight in the sandy beaches. Can't pound it in like you do re-bar.
    -Ken

Two fish swim into a concrete wall... One looks to the other and says " Dam!"

I used Pony beads elastic shock cord, the exact same kind used in Reed's Rod Wraps I make my own custom size tie downs and box wraps for everything now. Notice its all carp color "gold" in my carp shots :P I am happy with how it came out but it will be early winter before I try it out.. Unless someone knows a good beach to fish sturgeon at now?

Golden Stone Web Design

Does anyone think I should have the tip of this ground to a point? I am asking because I'M guessing several of the places I want to fish wont be just soft sand. Wouldn't I need a point to cut through the small rocks? I noticed that all of your angle irons have sharp points?

Golden Stone Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by Chinook Winterwolf View Post
    Does anyone think I should have the tip of this ground to a point? I am asking because I'M guessing several of the places I want to fish wont be just soft sand. Wouldn't I need a point to cut through the small rocks? I noticed that all of your angle irons have sharp points?
    I'd put a point on it... Really couldn't hurt
    -Ken

You have a grinder Ken? Sorry.. I dont have any tools so I am starting here, working my way outwards.. cuz I agree is needs a point

Golden Stone Web Design

Quote Originally Posted by Chinook Winterwolf View Post
    You have a grinder Ken? Sorry.. I dont have any tools so I am starting here, working my way outwards.. cuz I agree is needs a point
    I don't have a grinder... I cut the point on mine then used a file to smooth it out. It was kind of funny at the time, I was in an upstairs apartment. I clamped it to the Gas Grill and made my cuts with a Sabre Saw. Hillbilly Engineering.
    -Ken