Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ibanez Iron Label, Pick one? *gasp*

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    Supposedly you can use steel wool and gently "wear" the gloss on the back of the neck and it acts more like a satin finish, but I just avoid the whole situation lol

I think I like the "traditional" ones since all my acoustics that I spent the most time with were larger.
    I was gonna suggest steel wool or even wet sanding the back of the neck to remove the sticky gloss finish, but why? Find what you like and get it.
    -Ken

Two fish swim into a concrete wall... One looks to the other and says " Dam!"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    Supposedly you can use steel wool and gently "wear" the gloss on the back of the neck and it acts more like a satin finish, but I just avoid the whole situation lol

I think I like the "traditional" ones since all my acoustics that I spent the most time with were larger.
    I was gonna suggest steel wool or even wet sanding the back of the neck to remove the sticky gloss finish, but why? Find what you like and get it.
    -Ken

Two fish swim into a concrete wall... One looks to the other and says " Dam!"

Alan,,, are you using a computer or real amps>? I been researching the Amplitubes setup since I have a new computer, and for recording... Check you the Engle Powerball and Soldano amp model in this video..

C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

Lol! Looks like you are in the same part of youtube I spend a bunch of time on!

I am planning on getting into some of the computer packs, but for now I play on both a tube Marshall and a VOX Valvetronix with Celestion blues in it. Then I run pedals both into the front or in the effects loop depending on what I want to do.

Honestly the PC route is probably the best bang for the buck, and with how incredibly intuitive some of the programs are that I've researched it's probably the smart choice.
    One I'm interested in is Native Instruments Guitar Rig 5 (used by Erock331 for example of tone quality). It comes with tons, and is modular and expandable with lots of additional stuff.

That said my very next "amp" is probably going to be one of the Kemper modeling amps (Or maybe a HESU bastard).
    I keep looking for a Randall ***** at a good price too, but striking out.
    "Chuck Norris talks in the fourth person"

Randall Say-Tan without the y and -..

Also, it took me way too long to find the Dunlop ultex SHARP in 0.73, lol

The 2 weeks I had no PC I watched all that stuff on my tablet.... learned a ton about home recording and sound

Golden Stone Web Design

Amazing how cheap most of them are for simulating so many heads and cabs too.
    I know I'll go that route eventually but not sure I'll ever give up "real" amps and cabs.

I think that's the ONLY way I can afford to go but it does favor the idea of production and recording so fine with me.... I never dreamed I would own another amp like the VHT Pitbull Ultra Lead I had.... *crys* but some of these models seem pretty doable! I have seen a few videos where 2 different boutique amps are strung together and the sound is OMFG! So like mixing the Powerball + Dual Recto.... Some of the combos I heard were insane...

Golden Stone Web Design

What I really want is a good looping board...

Anyhow, you might find this cool too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-GXht7qfhg

That bite in both of the Randalls and the Husu.... All day.. lol