Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ibanez Iron Label, Pick one? *gasp*

Default Ibanez Iron Label, Pick one? *gasp*

Some hard choices on this page. I think I am going to switch from ESP to Ibanez on my next guitar. There are 3 I really like on this page but I'M curious what you would choose??

http://www.ibanez.com/products/u_eg_...ies_id=1&pre=4
    C. Winterwolf ><,> NWFI Community Director <,><

Golden Stone Web Design

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2017"~<)))><

One t0 MaNy cArp's 0n tHe braIn "2016"~<)))><

Fighting over the fish will only serve to divert us from our common goal ><,>

"The more I see the less I know" Anthony Bourdain

the RGIR20BFE is a mean machine, but that said I'm not an 8 string player and I'm sure those are amazing as well if you like blurring the lines between guitar and bass lol.

I have both a 6 and a 7 string Ibanez, but have passive double coils in them instead of the active EMG's that run on 9v batteries inside of the guitar.

I like "fixed" bridges (no tremolo), and of huge importance to me is either a satin or unfinished neck. I hate sticky gloss finished necks.

I find myself playing my strat with single coils and a chorus pedal when I want pretty cleans, and the Gibson with Burstbucker pro's (set to bridge) and an Ibanez TS909 on my drive channel when I want to get my metal on.

Gotta love how personal a guitar can be when you tailor it to your personal tastes and tone goals!
    "Chuck Norris talks in the fourth person"

Blog Entries

I wish I was serious enough to start looking towards my next electric. :-/ Just not making enough money to afford one at the moment. All of those Ibanez look sick O_O I think I am going to consider them when I look to get my next guitar, they seem to definitely have some affordable axes that don't lack on tone and quality.
    Teddy Wise - Senior Moderator, NWFI

http://therealwiseone.blogspot.com/

OSU Class of 2013 - Go Beavs
    B.S. in Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
    Fisheries Technician with WDFW

"The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope." ~ John Buchan

Death is Certain - Fishing is Not

Also, note to both: Check Reverb.com - there are some amazing deals from time to time.

i was thinking the RGIT27FE or the baritone 6 string RGIB6. I wanted the baritone at fist because I am not a lead player really.. I just wanna play rythems and have fun. Then though after watching the guy from Intervals do a playthrough of Mata Hari I was leaning towards the 7 just for cording and harmonics... I am just dreaming here really.. gonna be while but this page was just to sick to not post!

Golden Stone Web Design

SO this is what I liked in ESP this time around and its baritone but... I am starting to feel like Alan in that I dont want the gloss painted neck. That Ibanez wizard 2 neck feels fast and smooth.

http://www.espguitars.com/products/1...3304-mh-series

Anything else ESP after that ide have to go with one of the Stephen Carpenter models. I had one before, they are nice.. but im not sure about the Fishman SRC pickups. Would prefer EMG's in this guitar
    http://www.espguitars.com/products/1...phen-carpenter

Golden Stone Web Design

I'm sure you know but the Ibanez necks are oddly thin for me, weird transition when I pick them up between my other guitars. They are very flat in the hand (fretboard to thumb axis) but it's still comfortable. I kinda like the chunky neck on the Les Paul studio the best.

I've heard great things about fishman pickups, but I'm a fan of Seymour Duncan and EMG all the way.

I keep wanting to pick up a PRS, but every single one I've gotten my hands on in person at a shop has a friggen gloss neck.

yea oddly I dont like the fat gibson necks. I actually like the thin ESP necks but that gloss pain is indeed an issue. I mean you get used to it and it can act as an anchore.. but I wanna try the faster non paint neck this time around

Golden Stone Web Design

Supposedly you can use steel wool and gently "wear" the gloss on the back of the neck and it acts more like a satin finish, but I just avoid the whole situation lol

I think I like the "traditional" ones since all my acoustics that I spent the most time with were larger.

yea I had a 12 string Takamine a while back and that things had a huge ass neck! Like a gibson LP. Funny how some people like one or the other.

Golden Stone Web Design