Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dryft

Default Dryft

Anyone have experience with any of their gear?

Been eyeing their waders but don't know what quality they have. Seem to be priced decent.

And while we're on the topic, what are ur favorite wading boots? I've had a pair of chotas for the past 4-5 years and they've been good before but the seams are finally started not to come undone, and the soles have been wore down. Been thinking about some Simms G3 guide boots. From what I remember they are pretty comfortable, and I'm usually on foot.
    NW Steelheaders - Sandy River Chapter

Can't help on Dryft gear.

As for boots I really liked my last pair of Hodgman stream kings (fixed carbide studs and lace/zipper combo) one of the more comfortable insoles in a wading boot, and am super impressed with the current pair of Cabelas "Mens ultralight felt" that use hex head studs (sheet metal screws) that you can replace whenever they get worn. Ted steered me towards these while he worked there, and I'm really happy with the product. At least 2 years out of these boots now, and I have barely started to wear through the high contact spots.

Links for reference:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/footw...Tz_stype%3DGNU

https://www.amazon.com/Hodgman-Strea...ges/B00B5KIXKI
    "Chuck Norris talks in the fourth person"

I used to always burn a pair of boots into shrapnel in the course of 1 year, but these guys are still going strong.

Thanks Alan. I usually try and stick with Vibram soles because I do a lot of hiking. How to the felt with studs do against steep slopes and slippery mud?

If it's real steep you'll do some skiing, but you can bite an edge to get up and down hills pretty easily.

If we have the felt ban, like was threatened a few years ago, I'd definitely find something else with studs. I've not tried a ton of rubber soles, but all of them I've tried have been like a roller rink on bedrock or hard clay so I've stuck with studded felt and sacrifice the mud traction as my tradeoff.

Last time I ran in to Lane out on the river he was wearing a pair of Dryft waders. He said he was really happy with them, thats all that I know.
    Speaking of Vibram soled wading boots, a pair of Simms Blackfoot boots lasted me 5 years.... They got a lot of use.
    https://www.fishusa.com/product/Simm...t-Wading-Boots

The vibram works great all winter but as soon as the sun starts hitting the water and the algae starts to grow, it's like walking on ice. The machine screws work great, solves the problem! I have given up on felt soles and I'm currently looking for a new pair of boots. The Blackfoots mentioned above are no longer available in the local stores. I like to try boots on before I buy them. Not sure what I'll end up with.
    -Ken

Two fish swim into a concrete wall... One looks to the other and says " Dam!"

Haven't used them before, but seems like they have good reviews: http://dryftfishing.com/shop/s14-adr...wader/#reviews

I've been using Simms Headwaters for the past few years(this is my second pair) and I'm quite happy with them. As far as boots goes, I'm using Simms Vibram boots (never had any issues for the past 4 years) and Korkers Metalheads. Now with Korkers, I had to take them to my shoe repair guy and had them re-stitched a few times. The guy also added some additional support on the insides where it gets rough. They don't seem to like abuse as much as Simms Vibram boots can take...

Who do you use for shoe repair? I think I could get some more life out of my chotas if I had some seams re-stitched. That way I would have a backup pair and something to use clam dipping in the saltwater.

Quote Originally Posted by OregonSportsman View Post
    Who do you use for shoe repair? I think I could get some more life out of my chotas if I had some seams re-stitched. That way I would have a backup pair and something to use clam dipping in the saltwater.
    I use these guys http://mycobbler.net/
    The shop in Tualatin is where I get mine fixed, but they also have a Clackamas location.

Good to know thank you.

Are they reasonable, price wise?